F.A.Q’s – Black Mask Canada
Frequently asked questions about Black Mask Canada.
What are the ingredients?
- Water: The key to healthy skin.
- Polyvinyl Alcohol (PVA): Polyvinyl alcohol is nontoxic. It biodegrades slowly, and solutions containing up to 5% PVA are nontoxic to fish, making it safe to rinse the mask off down the drain. Used in eye drops and contact lenses.
- Glycerin: It is widely used in the food industry as a sweetener and humectant (to preserve moisture) in pharmaceutical formulations. It can be found in cake frosting and baked goods.
- Propylene Glycol: Used in food processing (used as an additive), the FDA has indicated that it is safe for consumption and it shows no evidence of it being a carcinogen or of being genotoxic (damaging to genes). Investigators believe that the incidence of allergic contact dermatitis to propylene glycol may be greater than 2% in patients with eczema or fungal infections. It can cause irritation to small population, this is to be noted if you feel any discomfort after removing the mask.
- Collagen: Found in our own skin, bones, and other tissue. It is a structural protein (aids in the maintenance of structure in skin and prevents wrinkles). It is sold as dietary supplement and is used in medical tissue regeneration.
- Maris Limus: Dead sea mud has been used for beauty purposes since biblical times. The minerals contained in mud from the dead sea, help rejuvenate the skin by exfoliating and helping maintain correct skin pH. It acts as a sponge and draws out toxins like activated charcoal. It also contains high quantities of Na, Mg, K, and Ca to nourish skin and underlying blood vessels.
- Diazolidinyl Urea: Antimicrobial disinfectant. Prevents bacterial growth and kills and germs left on skin, so pores are less prone to infection. Used in baby wipes, shampoo, conditioner, and almost every other cosmetic product. Prevents bacterial growth in the product itself, helping to preserve it for a longer shelf life.
- Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate: Water soluble preservative and fungicide used in cosmetic which keeps the product from developing mold.
- CI28440: A water soluble dye used to darken the mask. This harmless ingredient is included to provide a great deal of contrast from the dirt and blackheads which are being removed from the pores.
How much is shipping?
Shipping is %100 free Canada wide – we believe buying online should be no different than a physical store when it comes to this. You don’t pay extra for the shipping at a store so you shouldn’t online either.
How do I use black mask?
Clean face with warm water.
Place hot wet cloth on face for 5 minutes.
Apply black mask to desired area.
Ensure enough mask is used to ensure proper peeling.
Wait 20-30 minutes.
Slowly peel the mask off from the edges.
Wash off any leftover mask on face (this is common don’t panic).
Is one packet enough to cover your entire face?
One packet (xg) is plenty for the entire face in our experience.
I've seen videos and articles saying this stuff is bad for you, is this true?
We have not had problems with our products and all of our ingredients are natural. The content we have come across online depicting this type of product in a negative light usually is either because the mask was a DIY project or a similar type mask product was not used according to the instructions.
If you follow the instructions and do not attempt to produce your own mask-like product then this product will do as advertised.